As a former journalist and now as a PR consultant, I've sat on both sides of the media train. On this week's episode of The Committed Creative, I give you some tips on how you can get your business into the media and reap all the benefits of free publicity.
Keeping in mind that these days media coverage is not limited to traditional outlets like TV and magazines, I give advice on how create an effective pitch that gets you seen.
During the podcast, I dive into:
- How media coverage provides free publicity and establishes you as an expert in your field.
- How to tailor your pitch to the specific media outlet and audience.
- The benefits of signing up for resources like Source Bottle to connect with journalists looking for industry experts.
- How to craft an effective media release with a catchy headline, active voice, and relevant facts and quotes.
- Ways to build relationships with journalists, and also how to follow up your pitch with phone calls, and be prepared for interviews.
If you love this episode, please drop us a DM on Instagram @redplatypuscreative
Feel free to take a screenshot of the episode and share it, along with why you loved it.
Want to find out more about what we do?
(Heads up - I'm a content strategist and PR consultant who helps businesses tell their stories clearly and consistently to make more conversion$.)
You can check us out at www.redplatypuscreative.com
Or book in a free call and let's discuss we might be able to help you.