Dr Kyla Smith is a paediatric dietician and founder of Baby Mealtimes and Toddler Mealtimes.
After having her daughter, she started posting the baby meals she was making on Instagram and soon had a loyal following of parents seeking feeding advice for their own kids.
It was then she had a brainwave - why not develop an online membership to help parents with this mammoth task of providing healthy meals kids actually want to eat?
And so, Dr Kyla's business was born - on maternity leave, no less!
In this episode, we hear how Dr Kyla:
- created a niche product using direct feedback from her followers on Instagram so she knew exactly what her audience wanted.
- focuses on her strengths and outsources all the other work in her biz.
- is an ideas person and why she loves being the face of her business.
- is super passionate about children's attitudes towards food, and how this passion has driven her to change the way schools view lunchtimes.
- takes each day step-by-step to grow her business, tackling each challenge in bite-size pieces.
Carmen has been following Dr Kyla since her 5-year-old was a baby, and was thrilled to host Dr Kyla on this week's podcast.
If you love this episode, please drop us a DM on Instagram @redplatypuscreative
Feel free to take a screenshot of the episode and share it, along with why you loved it.
Want to find out more about what we do?
(Heads up - We're content writers who help businesses tell their stories.)
You can check us out at www.redplatypuscreative.com
Or book in a free call and let's discuss we might be able to help you.
Want to learn more on how you can quit your 9-to-5 and follow your creative pursuit full-time? Then sign up to the Committed Creative waitlist as we have a course that'll help you out dropping very soon!